Roof repair is a job you might not have considered when you bought your home, but it can be one of the most important. A roof that is more than 20 years old needs to be inspected by a professional at least once every five years. If you have an older roof, it’s time to call in the professionals for repairs of old roofs.
A professional will inspect your attic and check the condition of your shingles. They will also take a look at your ventilation system and make sure that no moisture is getting into the attic space. If there are signs of water damage on visible areas of your roof, such as sagging fascia boards or rotting sheathing, then you will need to replace those damaged areas before they cause problems for other parts of your home.
Roof repairs may include:
- Carry out a full inspection of your entire roof structure and assess where any problems may exist
- Repair any damage caused by stormy weather or winter weather conditions (such as hail) if necessary
- Replace broken shingles with new ones – this is especially important for older roofs
- Repair or replace damaged flashing in the attic and around chimneys, vents and skylights
- Replace any rotted wood that is causing leaks with new lumber
- Check for signs of damage such as leaks or cracks in the roofing material, and repair these if necessary
- Replace worn out or broken gutters (if you have them) – these can help prevent water from entering your home through the roof space
Get Your Roof Repaired ASAP
Where there is damage to your roof, it’s important to get it repaired as soon as possible. If you wait too long, the damage will be more extensive and expensive to fix. If you’re unsure whether your roof needs to be repaired or replaced, it’s best to get an expert opinion. A professional can give you advice on what needs doing and how much it will cost.